Friday, April 3, 2020

Trust Him in the Trials!



One of my favorite passages of scripture is Proverbs 3:5-6. I’m sure it is for a lot of you too. In these verses there are three instructions and one promise. These really present a firm foundation to stand on in this day we are living in. Listen to this as you read it.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Let’s break God’s guidance down.

1) Trust in the Lord with all thine heart
The issue of trust is really a matter of the heart. The heart is the seat of who we are. Our hearts can be deceived by this world. Our old nature is present in our hearts to deceive us (Jeremiah 17:9). The voices around us can cause us to doubt His goodness. And probably worst of all is that our hearts can be divided. Our loyalties are so mixed right now. What do I believe? What do I see happening in my future? What is going to happen to me and my family? What about my job? Who and what among all the voices do I trust? Let’s trust in our Savior with all of our heart. He loves us too much to abandon us now.

2) Lean not unto thine own understanding
Life is hard to figure out sometimes, sometimes it doesn’t make sense. Especially in the days we are living in right now. We try to use our human reasoning to decide what’s best. That’s not always a good way. Lean on His ways. His ways are higher than our ways (Isaiah 55:8-9). Read His word. Depend on His guidance. Trust His wisdom.

3) In all your ways acknowledge Him
Let our actions and our attitude both reflect our confidence in Him and His word. Why don’t we pray these verses back to Him when we rise in the morning? Lord, help me to trust in you with all my heart. Help me not to lean on my own understanding, but on you. Lead me in everything I do today to acknowledge your love and mercy toward me and this world I live in. I’m trusting you to direct my step and life today. Thank you Jesus.

4) And He shall direct your paths
If someone blindfolded us, spun us around, and then asked us to point to the north, we wouldn’t have a clue where north was. That’s kind of where we are today. We’re not sure what to do. Even our leaders are groping for wisdom in this pandemic that we are in. God promises us if we will trust Him, lean on Him, acknowledge Him, that He will direct our paths.

God says trust in Him, trust in His Son Jesus, He will guide you. He will catch you.

In Him,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment