Wednesday, April 8, 2020

How can we have 'great' faith?


Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

We have seen what ‘no faith’ does, and we have looked at ‘little’ faith. But oh, that we could have ‘great’ faith. Jesus tells us what that looks like.

Matthew 8:5-10 And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, 6  And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. 7  And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. 8  The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. 9  For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. 10  When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

Observe here what causes Jesus to proclaim He has seen ‘great faith’. Notice how great faith has a humble foundation. The Centurion said, “I am not worthy”. Great faith looks up to the one who has all power. The one who oversees all. The one who created us and holds us in His hands. Great faith comes to God acknowledging His power and authority. Great faith also gives us the strength to trust Him in the good times and the not so good times.

The Centurion believed that Jesus had all power and that He cared enough to heal his servant. That was why he came to find Jesus and begged for His help. Great faith will lead to you and I to ask for things others will think is crazy! Noah believed God so he built the ark. Abraham believed God so he left Ur of the Chaldees. Abraham trusted God so he offered up Isaac. Moses walked through the Rea Sea because he believed God would keep back the waters.

We need some great faith in these times we’re going through. Let’s put our Savior to the test. Call out to Him for your need. Trust Him with your family. Ask Him to heal our nation. He has all power and authority and He’s the only one who does!

In Him,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment