Friday, March 20, 2020

Trust is Proven in the Trials


Psalm 91:1-4  He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2  I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 3  Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. 4  He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Interesting the word ‘trust’. It gives the idea of ‘hope’, ‘sureness’, ‘confidence’. The root Hebrew word really means to ‘have hope’, ‘to have refuge’, to ‘have trust’. How do we know we are really trusting? That we are confident in our hope? That we completely taking refuge in Him? There’s only one sure way for us to know. Trust must be put to the test. God knows our hearts, but do know our own? We think we do, but when the tests and trials come, we really find out who or what we are really trusting in.

Did God send the Coronavirus? Only God knows that, but He will use this situation for our good and His glory (Romans 8:28). Here are some things to ask ourselves as we travel this unknown road.

1.  Do I have a confidence in Christ that He is going to take care of me as I travel this dark highway? Or am I nervous and fearful? He wants us to trust him. To make our refuge in Him. To place our hope in His loving care.

2. Can I believe that God will watch over my family with the different situations that we all are facing? Am I worried about them and what they are going through? Am I trusting Him to care for them as He does me? This is where I have the greatest difficulty. I like to say I’m concerned, but not worried. Is there really a difference? Am I really trusting Him?

3. Can I believe Jesus will bring His Church through this? I tweeted this out today. See if this is really where we’re at. I wrote (typed) “Christianity is not failing in our world today, it is being refined, purified, and refocused on our relationship with Christ!”.

He is going to bring us through! It may hurt, it may cause some suffering, but in the end it will be worth it all when we see Jesus, to use the words of the old song. Keep looking for the His rainbows in this storm, and as it passes. He has them there for us.

In Him,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment