Saturday, August 19, 2017

What Does This Eclipse Mean?

With all the speculation, analysis, and interest in Monday’s coming Eclipse; how are you and I to view this?  Is this a fulfillment of prophecy, after all Jesus did say in Luke 21:25-28  "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26  men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of heaven will be shaken. 27  Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28  Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.". 


With all the speculation, analysis, and interest in Monday’s coming Eclipse; how are you and I to view this?  Is this a fulfillment of prophecy, after all Jesus did say in Luke 21:25-28  "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26  men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of heaven will be shaken. 27  Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28  Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.". 

Is it a ‘get ready’ for the rapture of the church is nigh and then the great tribulation will begin?  Is it a ‘labor pain’ that foretells what the world is going to feel with the coming judgment of this planet and its inhabitants?

I’ve read several articles, and most very good ones, speculating that this could be a warning to America to repent and turn back to God or feel the wrath of His judgment. I’ve also read a few that wonder if this could be one of the ‘signs’ that Jesus spoke about. I’ll be honest, I don’t know and neither do you.  But how should we react to all of this? Should we blow it off as just another natural phenomena and ignore it? Should we marvel and put on our special glasses and say ‘wow, that was amazing’ and then go about our normal ways?

Let me share my heart on how I think God wants us to react. Why don’t we ask ourselves the question, “If this is warning of the coming judgment on our nation and or of this world, how should I live today, tomorrow, and Monday”? If this is a sign that Jesus is giving us that His calling out of His church is about to occur, would I change anything in my life, will I change anything?  Would I make sure I told my friends and family that Jesus could and would save them? If God’s calendar says this is the beginning of the great tribulation do I know Jesus as my Savior or will I be ‘left behind’ to face a horrible judgment on this planet?

We’re going to experience something Monday that probably most of us have never seen and will most likely never have an opportunity to see again.  I don’t know if it will change our world Monday or not, but are you ready if it does?  The clock is definitely ticking.  Let’s be ready for Jesus’ return.

No comments:

Post a Comment